Traditional Irish Music Links for Fiddles
A fiddle is a bowed stringed instrument of the violin family. Generally a fiddle is used to play folk/traditional music such as Cajun music, Irish trad etc.
• Colin Farrell - check out Colin's two solos CDs and bio.
• Jenny Newman - musician, teacher, performer, composer.
• Gerry O'Connor - one of Ireland's most outstanding fiddle players
• Jamie Laval - one of the premier Celtic violinists on the international music scene
• Lissa Schneckenburger - New England fiddler and folk singer
• Arlene Faith - "Spirit of the Celtic Violin"
• Sam Proctor - fiddle player on the Irish Music scene in London
Fiddle Makers and Repairs
• Kevin Sykes - fiddle maker based in the west of Ireland
• Wild Goat Fiddles, Kinvara - instruments for advancing students and accomplished musicians, from both traditional & classical disciplines
• Violectra - handmade electric violins, violas and cellos
• Brian Roche - violin, viola and cello making, repairs and restoration services, based in Derbyshire, England
• James Beatley - Maker of violins, violas and cellos
• Paul Bradley, well-known player and teacher of Irish Trad Fiddle and is also a violin maker
• McCormick Violins - Derek McCormick, violin maker based in Belfast
• Beler & Pape - restoration and maintenance of musical instruments
• Crehans Musical Instruments - have provided violins, violas, cellos and bases in Dublin for over 30 years
Fiddle Publications and Holidays
• Fiddler Magazine - informative, educational, and entertaining resource for fiddlers, accompanists, and appreciative listeners
• The Violins Directory - Full website reviews
• Fiddlers Retreat - the first and only school of its kind in Ireland.
• Kerry Fiddles - Irish Fiddle Holidays for Adults, lessons and courses for complete beginners and improvers
• Electric Fiddler - The latest news and information from the electric violin world
• Everything you need to know about the Musical Saw
Check out Ireland Roots for researching your Irish Family History.